• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aquatique Frogskins @ Shade Station

Shade Station

Oakley Retailer
Leeds, UK
We don't have a solid date of arrival as of yet, but we are expecting the Aquatique Frogksins in early next year.

Importantly though, we have images and they are available for pre-order now. What are we thinking?

Oakley Aquatique Frogskins Dropoff 24-362 - Shade Station

Oakley Aquatique Frogskins Lagoon 24-361 - Shade Station

Oakley Aquatique Frogskins Coast 24-360 - Shade Station

Oakley Aquatique Frogskins Hot Spot 24-359 - Shade Station

Oakley Aquatique Frogskins Abyass 24-358 - Shade Station

They're almost like a cross between the summit and blacklight series.. The Hot Spot looks like Mesa Orange/Pike Gold and the abyass is exactly like the blacklight.. pretty disappointed in this Oakley.

These have been discussed already. Except for the Abyss, they are the Summit series with the frame and stems mixed up and a different microbag. You can make all of these right now, there is nothing really 'new'. In fact when I was in the Oakley store about a month ago the guy was trying to sell the Summit series to me and the selling point he used was the fact you could easily take them apart and switch them up.

The Abyss looks like the Blacklight Black. The Blacklight Black was really the Acid Black in a matte finish, as all the Blacklights really were just Acid frames in matte rather than polished finish. It looks like they've painted it this time rather than used a clear frame.

I doubt Oakley spent an hour coming up with this. In fact I doubt Oakley has spent a day putting any real thought in to the Frogskins frame for the past two years. The Acid series Frogskins were then re-issued in a matte finish and called the Blacklights. They then re-issued the Acid frames in a Tortoise finish. The Summit series are basically the same colour pallete as the Acid series (Green, Blue, Red, Green), and the Aquatique are the Summit series just with the stems swapped about.

Two straight years with boring variations on a theme that has never really sold. Acids, Blacklights, Acid Tortoise all went to the vault because nobody was buying them and even the Summits are now on sale. The saying 'wouldn't know if it came up and slapped you in the face' comes to mind. Seems Oakley are gluttens for punishment because they've been punched in the face 4 times and still keep coming back with the same old ****.

Latest Posts

Back