• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aquatique Frogskins @ Shade Station

Thanks for the update Shade Station. The Abyass and the Coast I like somewhat. But do not think I will buy them. Also I find the lack off variation disappointing. At least when it comes to the limited editions that come in series of five. The singular ones have been quite nice I think.

I made this comment on FB recently, but I think I'll repeat it here. Is it just me or do the recent frog releases' microbags are more appealing than the actual shades themselves? Ha! But thanks for the insider scoop SS. The first one with info and pics, as always. Ha!

I made this comment on FB recently, but I think I'll repeat it here. Is it just me or do the recent frog releases' microbags are more appealing than the actual shades themselves?

Your damn right!

Oakley take note, we'd rather wear your microbags than your sunglasses!

A plus...These frames are polished. (I think.)

I think they need to pull in the reins a bit here and really take a look at the stories they are trying to tell with the Collectors/Limited FrogSkin's. The last two years have been a slippery slope of repeats. Acid rain, Acid Tort, and Black Light were all (more or less) the same. Now we see a refreshing series such as the Summit..just to be rebutted by this series. I personally like it but at this point I have collected all the collections up to Summit and it is getting insane! Too much of the same thing. They need to do north american releases like the recent AAPE. Concentrate on limited numbers and unique stories.

While I am disappointed by the lack of creativity, I think I'll pick up a pair of the Hot Spots. My buddy just picked up the Mesa Orange Frogs which I liked a lot. Now I can get these and not feel guilty about having the same pair.

Back