• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are any other lenses as good?

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
I've searched the forum and found a lot of discussion about the lack of quality in Oakley substitutes (revant) etc.

My question is whether there are any lens manufacturers that approach or equal the quality of Oakley?

If so, what makers?
On what basis did you assess the quality?
Any personal user experiences?
What were the companion frames?

No equal quality to Oakley, as people says. Manufacturers: linegear(japan), cxl, z-lens(new zeland), walleva, revant, exovista/keystone, samvette, inew lenses, volt. Better buy oem oakley lenses than aftermarket lenses, as people says, again. I have z-lens for Juliet, walleva/revant/cxl for Plaintiff, Flak Jacket/Half Jacket, Hijinx. If don't dig too deep-not too bad..but it's not Oakley anyway.

Fuse lenses have gotten very good reviews out of the aftermarket options. i have one set of aftermarket lenses in one of my pairs and the rest are all Oakley. my Square Wire 2.0 spring hinges have blaze red from Fuse in them and they seem really good. the optics are clear at angles similar to Oakleys. most aftermarket lenses get distorted at angles or at the edge of your field of view.

Oakley's consumer polycarbonate lenses don't have clearer optics than glass and don't have better impact resistance than the best ballistic resistant lenses, but their strength is in having a combination of everything, supported by their proprietary XYZ optics. You won't find any other lenses that have a greater combination of all factors.

Zeiss could be considered a candidate for most respected in the world and their quality might beat Oakley. But they're very expensive, more so than Oakleys.

Fuse claims to sell some Zeiss lenses but their provenance (and price point) is suspect. In general I don't trust Fuse.

Sticking with OEM is the safest bet.

Yes, I was thinking maybe zeiss. But I have to concede there's no one like O. Thread closed unless someone can name any other lens makers as good as zeiss or oakley!

Latest Posts

Back