• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are Caveats "for women"?

chardthefirst

Oakley Beginner
So, I wanted some aviator-style sunnies and just got a good deal on a pair of Caveats. Without meaning to be immodest, they totally suit me and look all Top Gun and stuff.

Then I started seeing that they are marketed everywhere as "women's" sunglasses. I am a man. A cisgender man, if you want to get technical (which, who doesn't these days). I am not concerned that someone will be offended by my flamboyant transvestism or anything, I just wonder why they are not simply marketed as a unisex model.

So, I wanted some aviator-style sunnies and just got a good deal on a pair of Caveats. Without meaning to be immodest, they totally suit me and look all Top Gun and stuff.

Then I started seeing that they are marketed everywhere as "women's" sunglasses. I am a man. A cisgender man, if you want to get technical (which, who doesn't these days). I am not concerned that someone will be offended by my flamboyant transvestism or anything, I just wonder why they are not simply marketed as a unisex model.
Part in bold, I honestly have no idea what that means. And I'm a millennial...

I believe they are supposed to be womans frame. If they come with a case and are made in italy more than likely at least thats what it used to be .
But honestly I was thinking of getting them too.
Theres a review on YouTube of a guy briefly wearing them with a beard they look alright on him.

Back