• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are Frogskins Lenses the same as Frogskins LX?

350nick

Oakley Expert
Just wondering if the lenses for frogskins LX are identical to frogskins lenses?

Also I am trying to decide on a coloured lens for my black frames, I am struggling to decide so any opinions would be helpful! Options are jade, violet, fire or ruby.

I know it's personal preference but would be interested in people's opinions!

I've found the LX lenses are a touch bigger than the regular ones, and a bit thicker too.

regular lenses will fit in them but they might wobble a touch, but it's hella hard to put the LX lenses into regular frames.

I've found the LX lenses are a touch bigger than the regular ones, and a bit thicker too.

regular lenses will fit in them but they might wobble a touch, but it's hella hard to put the LX lenses into regular frames.

Thanks for that, it was some lx lenses on eBay which I had in mind for some normal frogskins. Will give it a miss!

Also keep in mind (and you may already know this) that besides how the lenses look, there's also the view that YOU see when wearing them to consider.

For instance Violet - love how they look, hate the way everything looks brownish when wearing em ...

Well I've ended up going for violet, I got a really good price on them. My brother has violet in his fuel cells and I remember quite liking it. I can always swap later if I decide I don't like them!

I also quite like fire to look through but I can see why some people wouldn't. I kinda like lenses which change colours a bit.

Just going to lookout for done dark lenses now for a more subtle/smart look. Probably something along the lines of black, dark bronze or grey.

Thanks for your help!

Back