• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are frogskins really not as important as they used to be?

Understood. I'm just curious too as how some colectors came across there rare ones. Personally Ive paid the big bucks for some. For an example how would Thomas have come across his eastern boarders. Hearing of a pending release perhaps and waiting on line to be the first to grab a pair or just like me paying the big bucks from someone who had done that. Ready to scalp the first chance they get. Not that it's bad at all to do that
owe scalpers are everywhere bro hahahahahhahahahaha. Some people are there to "just" scalp ebay is a proof of that. Those madmans for 1k after its release they were on ebay for 3k people are out there to make money on these WHO DOES NOT?????????. I would not blame them. Same here on the forum if you just monitor the exchange section.

I'm down with the market not being the best, cheaper prices for me!
I bought something very exclusive from a Supreme store employee once and another something from a guy that works for CULT. Those are the only two things that I've gotten that have anything of a story behind them

now, now frogskins are important as a money, revenue for oakleys, BUT it is at the bottom of the food chain collecting wise compared to x metals, csix, pitboss, etc. and other frames. Although oakleys released some limiteds ones only a few collectors has interest on them. To say basically it is not important is again depending on taste, but in general out of 10 collectors maybe 2-3 are froggies.

I personally can't get into xmetals. Which is probably a good thing with the way I am. I wouldn't nesesarily say they are at the bottom of the food chain. Talk to some of the big players here and they would disagree with that as well. I bet some of the top collections here have a variety of frogs in there. I'm just sayin.

I personally can't get into xmetals. Which is probably a good thing with the way I am. I wouldn't nesesarily say they are at the bottom of the food chain. Talk to some of the big players here and they would disagree with that as well. I bet some of the top collections here have a variety of frogs in there. I'm just sayin.
true bro, but as i said GENERALLY speaking there are a lot more who collects x-metals, pit bosses, csix etc. They might have 3 or 4 froggies, but more x metals. I am not trying to de valuate frogs in any way its just that for the masses frogs are a daily wearer and xmetals, csix, pitbosses etc. are more collectable pieces.

Latest Posts

Back