• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are Oakley Prescription Frames Made In China?

glendbest

Oakley Beginner
Just trying to figure out if Oakley prescription frames are actually made in China? I have heard some rumors, but was hoping someone could confirm.

I have the carbon plate and they are made in china, but my wiretap which is 8 years old already is made in USA. I guess all the newer model like the wires are made in china. one of them is the newer models of Crosshair except the 1st gen.

thanks for the quick reply, btw how is the build quality of the frame?? hmmm i check a same model in the optical shop a few hours ago and there is no "made in china" inscription in the side of the temple, why is that??

I think it is still the same quality, the only difference is, that it is made in china, that is why there is a lot of fakes floating around, Ive seen one good Rx fake which my cousin bought with out knowing that it is a fake crosslink, it is complete with box, microfiber and the extra arms, you will only notice that it was fake because the color combo is different from the official color release. Since china has the knowledge given by oakley on how to manufacture their glasses, now it is easy for them to copy it, that is in my opinion only. The product is till good though!

i just purchased in amazon 2 days ago ;(, btw does all the rx glasses of oakley manufactured today have an inscription of the word "china" on the temples?

Back