• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are prism lenses "thinner"

mrputtputt

Oakley Beginner
bought replacement lens for my flak 2.0 xl. I have the jade iridium and wanted to switch it up with a prism golf. (i have another flak 2.0 uranium with prism golf lens already so I know how it performs). I got them yesterday and though the size were the same dimensions, I get loose fitting. I think it's because I was when feeling the lenses by hand, the jade iridium is thicker than the prism that it doesn't fit in the grooves properly for a loose fit. i *think* they'll manage to stay one but it does have a slight wiggle/rattle.

Compared to older iridium (like say the oem for the x metals), yes they are thinner.

But Prizm lens made for the Flak 2.0XL should fit just the same as any other oem lens made for the Flak 2.0 or 2.0XL.

Also make sure the new lens are fully in the groove along the top.

They are polarized (Flak 2.0 XL Black Ink w/ Jade Irid Polar is the description when I registered.

i guess i'll see if my venier caliper can capture the minute thickness difference. i can "feel" it when comparing the iridium jade vs. the prism. and it feels the same against the prism of my flak uranium.

they are fully in the groove also. hmmmmm

Yep. Guaranteed the polarized is thicker than the non polarized prizm. But if bought from Oakley you can always call get an RA# returnand exchange.

I had some loose lenses in my Half Jackets, put a couple drops of black paint from a paint pen along the groove and now no more loose lenses.

I had some loose lenses in my Half Jackets, put a couple drops of black paint from a paint pen along the groove and now no more loose lenses.
If I had to do the same myself I would have tried to do so carefully to the lens and not the frame for the sake of every future lens.

i was actually thinking about that though i was thinking nail polish in the tiniest small drop via toothpick or needle. black paint makes sense though and i'll just put it on the areas where the lens has the sharp edges that "hook" to the frame

i'll only use them for golfing so it's not too much headshaking but i'll try w/o the nail polish or paint at the driving range.

thanks all!

range report... the good news after golfing with them yesterday, they didn't fall. didn't even remotely come close to falling. where it felt iffy was when i was adjusting them because my golf hat (not baseball cap type but one with a rim all around) was making the the glass shift every so slightly. an adjusting flexed the fame a ltitle.

Back