• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are Prizm/Polarized Lenses safe to drive with?

Because they take away detail that you need to see to fly an aircraft. Same goes for boating too. You will see the Gin palace motor boats waering Polarised but you'll never ever see a real sailer in a fast sailing boat wearing polarized. They need to read to copmplex patterns on the surface to get the best from the hull. With P lenses all that information is obsolete.

Because they take away detail that you need to see to fly an aircraft. Same goes for boating too. You will see the Gin palace motor boats waering Polarised but you'll never ever see a real sailer in a fast sailing boat wearing polarized. They need to read to copmplex patterns on the surface to get the best from the hull. With P lenses all that information is obsolete.
Correct. They can “Wash out” radios and nav equipment in the cockpit - newer glass cockpit setups are particularly prone to this. Also depending on angle of attack and distance to a target aircraft you may simply not see anything if you are told of another aircraft at a certain distance and clock position that should be visible to you.

Perhaps with traction control! Lol

The tinted ones are much better for ice than the neutral based ones imho. The slick spots get a different tint from the rest of the road surface so I usually wear polars even when driving on ice and snow (VR28 BIP, Tungsten and titanium polars are great driving lenses.)

Welcome to our forum; I hope it will be interesting and comfortable for you here. As for your question, I can assure you that such glasses do not interfere with the car's driver in any way. Moreover, lenses of this kind, on the contrary, protect the eyes from the headlights of oncoming cars and thereby make driving safer. I have been using such glasses for quite a long time too, and I constantly order polarized sunglasses for driving from this site. There are different models of frames for all types of faces and so on. So you have nothing to worry about, you can be sure that these glasses will not only not interfere with you, but also will protect your eyes.
First of all, you should not call this Forum our forum because you was never a part of it.
Second of all, bye bye.

Back