• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are The Deviations Ever Coming Out In OCP?

steveocubed

Oakley Expert
Do you guys know if Oakley is planning on ever offering OCP for these down the pipeline? I love the frame but I feel like the current colorway offerings are sort of lacking for the most part.

Do you guys know if Oakley is planning on ever offering OCP for these down the pipeline? I love the frame but I feel like the current colorway offerings are sort of lacking for the most part.

By OCP do you mean Custom? Its hard to say with the new Plantiff Squared coming out early next year. They might maybe getting rid of the Deviation but thats just speculation. What colorway were you looking for? There isnt many color options out for the replacement lenses so I dont think they are going to do anything further with that frame but I could be wrong.

I was hoping they'd offer an Emerald or an Ice at some point. I actually like the colorway of the Heaven Plaintiffs but I like a flatter lens for non-sports activities so I'm not crazy about the extreme curve of the plaintiffs.

That would be cool. I am still thinking about the Polished Black with Ruby. Those are pretty damn sweet. Maybe the Plantiff Squared will offer that option when they come out.

I was actually thinking about the ruby too but I don't know the few pictures I've seen with people actually wearing them, they just look TOO crazy (kind of like Cyclops' glasses on steroids). By itself I think it looks absolutely beautiful but I haven't seen it work for anyone yet when actually worn. It's still tempting to pick up though. Have you ever seen anyone pull these off? (I actually haven't been able to find that many pictures of people wearing them since it doesn't seem as popular as a frogskin or x-metal or Holbrook or the like)

About the plaintiff squared, I think it's not bad looking (actually pretty good) but I still prefer the flatter lens curvature of the deviation, the straighter top bar, and the the thinner stems on the sides (just a taste thing). I've also heard that the plaintiff squared is narrower than the deviation? (my noggin has a pretty wide load)

Hopefully lenses will be in the store at some point.

But as far as custom goes, if they do come out it will be awhile. We are just now seeing OCP Jupiter Squared and those released at the end of 2011.

Hopefully lenses will be in the store at some point.

But as far as custom goes, if they do come out it will be awhile. We are just now seeing OCP Jupiter Squared and those released at the end of 2011.

With that being said I dont think they offered much for the JS for a custom pair with the varitey of lenses being the exception.

Back