• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are The Juliets Going Away

Just good reading if nothing else...

Hey Guys-
So here's the deal I am a reseller who focuses on the high end designer and luxury goods markets. I admittedly really knew nothing of the mystic surrounding the OAKLEY brand nor the utter love so many of you seem to have for the product.
I recently purchased a bulk eyewear lot at auction, 177 pounds to be exact. I do of course authenticate my merchandise prior to selling it. Knowing nothing of Oakley or how to judge its authenticity other the quality of materials used and the look and feel of the finished product. I decided it best to take all 30 some odd pair to the OAKLEY store. They almost fell over each other when the saw the black box which up in till that day had never even been opened.
They are the Juliet's made of X-METAL, with the RUBY IRIDIUM lenses and of course serialized as you boys say... They even have a little round blue sticker with a black H on the left lens (what is that about). They offered me quite a bit at the OAKLEY store for what was in my little black box, but I choose to hold on to them based upon all the excitement I saw from these guys.
My question is do you as a community of enthusiasts forsee the price of these glasses going up over time? And what do you consider a "good" serial number over say a not so good or even a crappy one?
:brunette:
THANX LALA

Read more: Juliet's - To Sell or Not To Sell, That Is The Question.... | Oakley Forum

Pics? I don't believe the blue "H" sticker, indicating the lenses have a hydrophobic coating, were not applied to the lenses until after they discontinued serializing the frames. I could be wrong tho.

The blue H decal is a new thing, how new I dont know, but I think it was done at the very end of the x- metal run.

Back