• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are The Romeo or Juliet

I believe at some point there was a problem with a sense or something and Oakley replaced the glasses. The box and coin are original and the glasses are direct from Oakley.

Alternatively, he could have turned in the original romeo and gotten the xx from the warranty exchange program. This is why the xx has no serial

This is my guess. Your Romeo lenses cracked due to a "design flaw", so you received a new pair of XX through the warranty program. Those came without the box/coin. The box/coin is from the original pair.

The value of the box and coin is totally separate from the glasses. Your biggest issue selling the XX is the loose nosebridge. It adds potential money and hassle to the purchase.

This is my guess. Your Romeo lenses cracked due to a "design flaw", so you received a new pair of XX through the warranty program. Those came without the box/coin. The box/coin is from the original pair.

The value of the box and coin is totally separate from the glasses. Your biggest issue selling the XX is the loose nosebridge. It adds potential money and hassle to the purchase.

I believe that your response is the closest to the scenario to what happened in my case. It has been so long that I really don't recall, but I do remember that I purchased a pair of Romeo glasses, as clearly indicated by the box and coin. There was a defect and I returned them to Oakley, who repaired the lens and sent them back to me. I eventually stopped wearing the glasses and only recently pulled them from my drawer. Thought I would see what they were worth and that is when I discovered that the value of Romeo had skyrocketed. Not sure what I have at this point and not sure of what the value is. The box is fine, but the foam inside deteriorates after that many years. The bag is still new and the glasses are nearly flawless. The nose kit needs to be replaced, but I have seen those for as little as $20. Would be willing to see on here, but have a feeling that it would be very difficult to say the least.

There was a problem with Romeo lenses cracking at the flex point, which is metal against the lens on Romeos. There's a reason why later designs incorporated rubber at the flex points.

If a customer accepted the offer, they didn't repair the Romeo (it was an inherent design flaw so would just happen again), they got a pair of XX (which is like an oversized Juliet) instead. This is what you now have.

But you still have the original box for the Romeo, albeit with a vendor sticker over the original. So you have value in the box and value in the glasses but that value does not increase taken together as they no longer match.

What people are suggesting is selling separately for the most return. The box value is diminished by that sticker but still has value, especially as you have kept the coin. The XX value is affected by the loose nose couplers but you can disclose that in any ad and leave the expense to the purchaser - if you got it done beforehand, you may not realise the same additional value as the service cost. All in, you should at least get back what you paid but don't bank on making a profit.

There was a problem with Romeo lenses cracking at the flex point, which is metal against the lens on Romeos. There's a reason why later designs incorporated rubber at the flex points.

If a customer accepted the offer, they didn't repair the Romeo (it was an inherent design flaw so would just happen again), they got a pair of XX (which is like an oversized Juliet) instead. This is what you now have.

But you still have the original box for the Romeo, albeit with a vendor sticker over the original. So you have value in the box and value in the glasses but that value does not increase taken together as they no longer match.

What people are suggesting is selling separately for the most return. The box value is diminished by that sticker but still has value, especially as you have kept the coin. The XX value is affected by the loose nose couplers but you can disclose that in any ad and leave the expense to the purchaser - if you got it done beforehand, you may not realise the same additional value as the service cost. All in, you should at least get back what you paid but don't bank on making a profit.

If you were selling the glasses separate and as is, what would you sell them for? Have several people inquiring and honestly don't know what to ask. Don't want to over price, but don't want to look like a fool either. Thanks for answering if you have time and thanks for the time already.

If you were selling the glasses separate and as is, what would you sell them for? Have several people inquiring and honestly don't know what to ask. Don't want to over price, but don't want to look like a fool either. Thanks for answering if you have time and thanks for the time already.
Hmmm, if they were Juliets (more my area of expertise), I'd be looking at low $200s, maybe a bit less of the nose is really bad. XX sell for a bit more than Juliet typically so if people are making offers near the mid-$200s, probably not far off. I'm not an expert on XX though.

Coin would be $15-20, box with that sticker maybe another $15 so say $30 total. You should get back about what you paid, maybe a little more.

Back