• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are the VR28 discontinued?

HotelPapa

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

So I bought my Split Jackets about 10yrs ago a long with the VR28 black iridium lenses (prescription glasses).
Thought it were about time to invest in some new Oakleys and went to the local store to look at some current Oakleys.
Found out they no longer sell the VR28 lenses (at least here in Norway) and the girl at the store didn't really know which of the new lenses is the equivalent.
I tried some different models with what looked like similar lenses to the VR28 black iridium, but it didn't feel like the same good contrasty look..

Had a look on this board and couldn't really find out if there is a similar glass sold nowadays. I really love my Oakleys and how versatile and "allround" the glasses are. I've been using them in all sorts of weather and light.

So yeah, anyone able to point me out in the right direction? I think I will keep my Split Jackets tho, and go for a pair of Split Shots as well.

A lot of lenses have that rosy look...I'd check the Prizm Daily, although it's not the same as VR28, IMO.

Thanks for swift reply.. It will be prescription glasses, not sure if the Prizm Daily is in that collection?

I tried the Prizm Dark Golf, they were somewhat in the same area as the vr28. Not quite ass good light tho, felt maybe a little too bright?

Hi,

So I bought my Split Jackets about 10yrs ago a long with the VR28 black iridium lenses (prescription glasses).
Thought it were about time to invest in some new Oakleys and went to the local store to look at some current Oakleys.
Found out they no longer sell the VR28 lenses (at least here in Norway) and the girl at the store didn't really know which of the new lenses is the equivalent.
I tried some different models with what looked like similar lenses to the VR28 black iridium, but it didn't feel like the same good contrasty look..

Had a look on this board and couldn't really find out if there is a similar glass sold nowadays. I really love my Oakleys and how versatile and "allround" the glasses are. I've been using them in all sorts of weather and light.

So yeah, anyone able to point me out in the right direction? I think I will keep my Split Jackets tho, and go for a pair of Split Shots as well.

Split Jackets are great. You might be able to get a set custom cut, but it will cost more. @Chris A Hardaway might be able to make you some in prescription.

Velkommen :D

Back