• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are There 2 Versions Of The Fathom Radarlock?

da_nige

Oakley Enthusiast
I know the Fathom collection isn't very popular and I know most folk won't care but I wondered if there were 2 versions?

Looking on o-review 009181-14 is the Fathom Radarlock Path Straight Stem Ice and VR28.

The pair I bought today are also OO9181-14 but have a clear lens instead of VR28 and are definitely not straight stem. They were bought from Oakley so I wondered if 2 versions of the same pair were released.

I've noticed something similar with the 30th anniversary Radars. My pair of Black/Jade are the regular ones but the pair shown on Oakley.com are straight stem. Same SKU.

Anyone know what the story is?

Thanks

Neil

I have ice and clear also. But I bought mine at an Oakley Vault.

I am not sure if mine are straight stem. But when I wear them for a run they fit straight under my cap or visor.

It is possible that o-review was misinformed about what lenses were going to be in the set

Is there a way to know the difference between straight stem and non straight stem ?

It is possible that o-review was misinformed about what lenses were going to be in the set

I wondered that too but someone on youtube mentioned the VR28s too however didn't show them in the video.

Is there a way to know the difference between straight stem and non straight stem ?

Yeah its quite obvious when you sit them side by side or try to fit them under a cap. The Glacier ones are Straight Stem the Fathoms are Hammers.

20140915_085306_zps45085965.jpg

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

Latest Posts

Back