• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are there any "beater" XX frames out there.....

Orion

I hit things with sticks....
....of the x-metal type (not O matter).

@cacatman put together a great "guide" but I don't believe his included "fix-er uppers".

If there are, what does everyone feel their value would be?

For example I've seen a pair of plasma Julies in very good condition fetch $325 and a beater pair $175.

Would the same $150 difference hold true for XX's? If they are any in similar condition?

To qualify these would be:

No lenses *** Nose Bridge Tune Required *** New Rubbers *** Finish on Frames Poor Condition

Last edited:
My xx beaters are now on their way to be given the Xman treatment but as far as value goes I think it's relative I bought them for a good price but the person I bought them from thought they were juliets when tying to trade them I had various offers ranging from less than what I paid to $50 or so more than i paid and various trade offers ranging from frame only juliets to complete like new pieces (but not what I was looking for) so I guess I'm saying value is down to what someone is willing to pay/ how much they want the item but obviously a beater is worth less than a mint set

Ever since we started the restoration customization thing beaters are just about all gone.......