• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are there any splice fans yet?

There's multiple vendors here that will do custom paint. I got mine done with @dr.chop

@Colorado Custom Look has done a piece for me as well. Just look in the DIY\Modding forum.

Also to add, both standard and Asian fit Unknown lenses will work.
I also have a new in box trim kit and a pair of Jim lenses in good shape. like an 8/10 or 7.5...ive done many splice, as shown by the previous pix.. fun shades.

The unobtanium is the one thing I'm hesitant about moving forward with the splice. They are a pretty unique style and will only be become more difficult to find. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a JPM splice in the future.

The unobtanium is the one thing I'm hesitant about moving forward with the splice. They are a pretty unique style and will only be become more difficult to find. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a JPM splice in the future.

My 3rd pair of Oakleys ever were the Gunmetal/Emerald Splice. I bought them back in 2002 when they were still sold in the store. Then i got a pair of the FMj 5.56/Fire a couple years later. I wore both very regularly as the fit was spot on for me and very comfortable, becoming my all time favorite pair. For me the Juliet is second to the Splice. The Unobtainium on both pairs are still perfect. No signs of wear or gumminess. Honestly, as long as your take care of them by cleaning and wiping them down regularly, they'll last for years to come. Stories of Unobtainium deteriorating is from a combination of heavy use and/or neglect.

The Splice are a great pair and are an essential piece for any serious collector.

For me the Juliet is second to the Splice. The Unobtainium on both pairs are still perfect. No signs of wear or gumminess. Honestly, as long as your take care of them by cleaning and wiping them down regularly, they'll last for years to come. Stories of Unobtainium deteriorating is from a combination of heavy use and/or neglect.

The Splice are a great pair and are an essential piece for any serious collector.

100% agree.

The Splice can be revived. While yes the Unobtanium will be hard to replace, it's not impossible. The upper portion of the orbitals can be repainted. Several of us here have had them custom done. Here's one i had done up with custom cut Ruby Clear lenses and the orbitals painted red:

15391589325_7479050fcb_c.jpg

I have a spare set of Crystal Blue/Ice that i plan to have the upper portion of the orbitals painted blue.
That is sick!

Any ides on repairs for these awesome frame types! They are by far my favorites and I just had them break today. They broke right at the nose piece unfortunately. It was either a perfect death drop or when I took of my stocking cap they got caught and flexed the wrong way (I forgot I left them on top of my hat). Anyway is there any way to repair or is time to look for a replacement frame? There is a pic in he DIY forum if you want to reference. Otherwise they are my favorite oakleys of all time and I had just brought them back out to wear and boy do I regret it.

I just scratched the lenses off mine and I can't find any replacement lenses for the unknown. Any other options as far as replacement lenses? Thank you.

My 3rd pair of Oakleys ever were the Gunmetal/Emerald Splice. I bought them back in 2002 when they were still sold in the store. Then i got a pair of the FMj 5.56/Fire a couple years later. I wore both very regularly as the fit was spot on for me and very comfortable, becoming my all time favorite pair. For me the Juliet is second to the Splice. The Unobtainium on both pairs are still perfect. No signs of wear or gumminess. Honestly, as long as your take care of them by cleaning and wiping them down regularly, they'll last for years to come. Stories of Unobtainium deteriorating is from a combination of heavy use and/or neglect.

I've always thought the splice was an O-matter nod to the Juliet as they have a very similar size, lens shape, and fit etc. I am a big fan of both.

Back