• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are These Blends Real?

If you compare them to the ones that are actually on Oakley's website in community (http://www.oakley.com/community/posts/801) The fades on the arms are pretty damn close and that's generally where the fakes always go wrong. The only thing that catches me as odd is the orange-red fade arm... The ebay one has way more red on it than it should in my opinion. Tough call...

The colours on the ebay pair seem to have more of a start and finish with each colour, whereas with a true Blends the transition is more gradual. It is however apparent that a fake example has the capacity to deceive even experienced collectors, at least from pictures, so my suggestion is the best way to confirm the true monster is in regard to the box. Some sources claim 20 were made, others 30, but they did come with a box that had a unique label. It would seem impossible that a fake could find it's way into a real box, so if you see the glass with the labelled box then I think it is safe to believe authenticity. I know of at least one original that somehow parted company with it's box, but in reality it is reasonable to believe all but every true pair will be complete.

Is it plausible to say that there are inconsistencies during the manufacturing process? The same way all the hydroprints are unique, I would imagine uniqueness with Blends pairs as well. I guess the only true way to verify them is through provenance.

If you compare them to the ones that are actually on Oakley's website in community (http://www.oakley.com/community/posts/801) The fades on the arms are pretty damn close and that's generally where the fakes always go wrong. The only thing that catches me as odd is the orange-red fade arm... The ebay one has way more red on it than it should in my opinion. Tough call...
Anyone else think it's funny that the DJ for that event was DJ Pube$ ? Lmao

Latest Posts

Back