• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are These Both Whiskey?

del518

I have a few pair.....
Upstate New York
I have two pair (I believe) of Whiskey MDs. I know that one for sure is a Whiskey MD. The other I bought from EBay as it was listed as Brown Fade.....which is definitely is not. When I compare the two they are significantly different in color. It is hard to pick up in the pics...but let me know what you think. One has a lot more Amber....but still has the fade.

In this pic the alleged Brown Fade is on the right....the color seems to go all the way thru to the bottom of the nose.
2012-03-07102131.jpg

In this pic the alleged Brown Fade is on the left
2012-03-07102212.jpg

I was going to strip one pair clear. But seeing as how they are so different I may keep them as they are.

I am going to have to assume that they are just a variation in the color. With how easy the color comes off on these anything is possible.

Without Gold Iridium lenses and a gold icon, it's not brown fade. Bronze lens with black icon is whiskey. I'm pretty sure brown should be significantly darker as well.

Rustpot said:
10W40 isn't a fade colorway though, and it's definitely more yellow than the brown/gold of those two.

I've never seen a 10w40 in person so I honestly wouldn't know lol maybe they are both whiskey and one pair has just been used a good deal?

I've never seen a 10w40 in person so I honestly wouldn't know lol maybe they are both whiskey and one pair has just been used a good deal?

It could be. The lighter of the two, seems to be older and the "fade" is already starting to flake off a tiny bit at the end of the ear stem.

Latest Posts

Back