• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are these Fake Oakley Frogskins? (Official Consolidated Inquiry Thread)

Dears,

freshly arrived Frogskins OO9013-C455 with an interesting detail (at least for me), as I never seen such a part until now (this is my first Frogskins model) ... thank you for having a look on it. (Source is an official company merchandising store - I have a Holbrook and a Sliver from this source as well, they are 100% OK).

Have a great day!

IMG_2286.JPG

Dears,

freshly arrived Frogskins OO9013-C455 with an interesting detail (at least for me), as I never seen such a part until now (this is my first Frogskins model) ... thank you for having a look on it. (Source is an official company merchandising store - I have a Holbrook and a Sliver from this source as well, they are 100% OK).

Have a great day!

View attachment 641876
That looks like a recess followed by a sticker... or is that a plastic plaque like other models have?

thank you for the answer narplife, it's a plastic plaque! the product is legit, received a statement from the local oakley guy in the meanwhile

cheers+

Just received a pair of Frogskins Prizm black polarized that have some strange things going on:

#1: One of the temples are slightly bent inwards. Not enough to notice if you don't look for it.
#2: The whole frame is ~1 mm narrower than my other Frogskins. Also not noticeable unless you inspect them carefully.
#3: There is more curvature of the lenses than on the other pairs! If I use the iridium as a mirror, the reflected image is smaller, which means that the surface is more convex.
#4: They are supposed to be Prizm Black Polarized, but I can't see any hints of Prizm "behaviour". They are just plain gray, dull and boring (but polarized at least). I thought they would have a rose tint, but they don't. OTOH, I've seen examples of PBP that wasn't rosy either.
#5: It says "USA Assembled" on the inside of the temple instead of "USA Made".
#6: The Oakley logo is silver rather than white.

Everything else looks perfect. The "Prizm P" engraving, the quality of the frame and temples, the SKU is correct, the box looks legit and has the right sticker, the molded logo and CE marking, the pouch is identical to ones I already have. I bought them from a large, french bicycle site (alltricks.com), and I really doubt they would sell fakes.

The only reason I started to inspect them is because I was perplexed by the lens. How could anyone favour this plain gray lens? I know my taste is different, but really, nothing "pops" at all. I'd expect this from a standard BIP, but I have never tried those.

Just received a pair of Frogskins Prizm black polarized that have some strange things going on:

#1: One of the temples are slightly bent inwards. Not enough to notice if you don't look for it.
#2: The whole frame is ~1 mm narrower than my other Frogskins. Also not noticeable unless you inspect them carefully.
#3: There is more curvature of the lenses than on the other pairs! If I use the iridium as a mirror, the reflected image is smaller, which means that the surface is more convex.
#4: They are supposed to be Prizm Black Polarized, but I can't see any hints of Prizm "behaviour". They are just plain gray, dull and boring (but polarized at least). I thought they would have a rose tint, but they don't. OTOH, I've seen examples of PBP that wasn't rosy either.
#5: It says "USA Assembled" on the inside of the temple instead of "USA Made".
#6: The Oakley logo is silver rather than white.

Everything else looks perfect. The "Prizm P" engraving, the quality of the frame and temples, the SKU is correct, the box looks legit and has the right sticker, the molded logo and CE marking, the pouch is identical to ones I already have. I bought them from a large, french bicycle site (alltricks.com), and I really doubt they would sell fakes.

The only reason I started to inspect them is because I was perplexed by the lens. How could anyone favour this plain gray lens? I know my taste is different, but really, nothing "pops" at all. I'd expect this from a standard BIP, but I have never tried those.

Quoting myself with an update: Also found an imperfection in one of the lenses. Like a little bubble in the rear surface. These are going back. At least now I know I don't like PBP. 😕

Pics my friend.

Here you go... After more inspection, I think they are 100% real, but not the quality I paid for.

lens_2.jpg temple.jpg

Both temples are very much closer together at the rear end as well, which I think is because of the smaller BC of the lenses forcing the whole frame out of shape. This is also probably the reason for the frame being ~1 mm narrower than my other pairs. The frame bends slightly more and gets less wide.

Edit: Regarding the lenses, they are obviously of high optical quality (except for the bubble) and I suppose I just don't like PBP. The Prizm "enhancement" is just much lesser than on other lenses because they are darker and don't have any evident tint.

Hi could someone legit check my Frogskins? My Dad brought them from Korea and he says they're legit but I'm not 100% sure. They appear to be real but I'm no Oakley expert.
20191015_002313.jpg

20191015_002345.jpg
20191015_002354.jpg
20191015_002418.jpg
20191015_002446.jpg
20191015_002530.jpg

Latest Posts

Back