• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are These Fake?

100% FAKE!

The word "Oakley" on the nose bridge is the give away. For some unknown reason, the counterfeiter's often put this on. If you zoom in you can also notice a small "O" symbol in the top right of the lens. EVERY pair with this symbol is FAKE! Absolutely no exceptions!! Oakley NEVER put this on their lenses, EVER! It's also printed on and not etched!

[Note:] The "Oakley" on the nose bridge does exist on some particular frames, but not many!

I look at it like this: If you're not 100% sure that something isn't legit, it's better to pass up a great deal than get sucked into purchasing a fake!

Deffo FAKES (all be it GOOD ONES) as others have said NO Scalpel comes with Oakley on the bridge. If the fakers stopped putting that on I think it would be near impossible to pick the good fakes out from the rear Scalpels until you got them in your hand.

When I was in Cozumel, Mexico this past summer, there were quite a few stores that had some very convincing fake Oakleys for sale as you walked in. (Plus, every five feet you had a local telling you they had Oakleys for sale as my wife and I were both wearing Oakleys..)

They were all primarily Scalpels, Flak Jackets, Global Fuel Cells and then some women's frames. To be honest, they look almost real when holding them, but if you tried them on you could tell they did not fit like real Oakleys. They were all very cheap--something like $9.99 or 2 for $14.99. They did have some cool colors that Oakley does not make...Again, the fakes had Oakley on the nose like they weren't supposed to and a fake tag attached to the nose which Oakley does not do. Walking around, you could see many people wearing them as either they did not know they were fake or did not care.

Scott

Back