• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are These Frogskins Legit?

Mine are due around the 16th jan according to tracking info. I can let you know when they arrive if they are genuine or not. My dad has a pair of rootbeer frogskins for comparison.

I'm pretty confident that they are genuine based on his feedback.

You don't happen to know if anywhere in the uk sells black iridium lenses for them?

Haven't found any yet except polarized but I don't want to spend that much. Oakley UK have dark bronze which look dark from the outside but I'd prefer black.

You shouldn't need Blk for the UK. I tend to wear grey, grey pola or bronze a lot. Sunny holidays then I rock fire, jade etc.

You shouldn't need Blk for the UK. I tend to wear grey, grey pola or bronze a lot. Sunny holidays then I rock fire, jade etc.

I know what you mean, I generally use tungsten polarized, vr28 black and gold iridium here. I might give bronze a go , the main reason I fancied black was for the completely black look as frames are black on black too. I would then get an alternative lens, maybe fire as I liked fire lenses that I tried in my brothers split jackets.

I ordered a pair as well and got them 3 days ago, I slapped in a pair of amarket fire red mirrored lens and they look Bawss! they look and feel genuine so im hoping they are, while on your head,.right stem says "Frogskins" and left side theres just a "CE" so are they legit? could be? I hope so? or pm out $35....lol btw %100 FB doesn't always mean legit, it just means he hasn't got caught or duped a noob lol

I ordered a pair as well and got them 3 days ago, I slapped in a pair of amarket fire red mirrored lens and they look Bawss! they look and feel genuine so im hoping they are, while on your head,.right stem says "Frogskins" and left side theres just a "CE" so are they legit? could be? I hope so? or pm out $35....lol btw %100 FB doesn't always mean legit, it just means he hasn't got caught or duped a noob lol

They sound good! Really hope they're genuine. I'm guessing you don't have any genuine ones for comparison?

Would you be able to get some detailed photos on here for the experts to look at? Would be cool to see them with fire lenses fitted too!

Thanks

They sound good! Really hope they're genuine. I'm guessing you don't have any genuine ones for comparison?

Would you be able to get some detailed photos on here for the experts to look at? Would be cool to see them with fire lenses fitted too!

Thanks

heres the link to the auction with good pix
Oakley Frogskins 100 Authentic "Black Out" | eBay

im guessing from his name hes from southern Calif, so he might have Oakley connections there.
I do hope these are real!

Any updates on this black-out frame? I just saw them on the bay as well and am really tempted to grab em. Would be an AWESOME frame to have, just worried about authenticity

Edit: I guess my question really is: any of you guys in this thread that have bought these have any issues with the frames at all?

Any updates on this black-out frame? I just saw them on the bay as well and am really tempted to grab em. Would be an AWESOME frame to have, just worried about authenticity

Edit: I guess my question really is: any of you guys in this thread that have bought these have any issues with the frames at all?

they seem legit to me, but im not an expert on the FG models, but as an Oakley collector, ive seen fakes and these look legit. im sure this guy has an inside connection maybe?...............if they are fakes, then these are damn good fakes if I say so myself...............

Just got them today, I'm fairly confident they're legit!

I compared them with a pair I bought my dad last year from an oakley dealer and couldn't find any differences in the frame at all.

The lenses from his fit exactly the same in both frames (left lens was a tight fit in both?!)

Just waiting on my lenses turning up now, ordered grey and jade.

I would like to know how the seller gets them, could they be samples or something???

Just got them today, I'm fairly confident they're legit!

I compared them with a pair I bought my dad last year from an oakley dealer and couldn't find any differences in the frame at all.

The lenses from his fit exactly the same in both frames (left lens was a tight fit in both?!)

Just waiting on my lenses turning up now, ordered grey and jade.

I would like to know how the seller gets them, could they be samples or something???

it seems like ever since the Luxotica merger, you see tons of glasses on the bay now/ so im guessing that all these different plants have "leaks" or inside jobs going on in them, which says a lot for Oakley security right? I talked with an Oakley warranty rep the other day and he suspected that that's what the cause is...he says that Oakley DOES NOT sell in bulk said items like what we see on the bay, so either these are insode jobber items, or just really good made fakes that are almost impossiblt to determint legitimacy or not?
sellers like total o and ooauctions ans swintec and socal are selling tons of these and im guessing they are all based in Caki, or Florida, so idunno man , only these guys know for sure, and they aint telling.

Back