• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are These Gascans Common?

I've owned both the Grape and Foose Gascans. I didn't think either was that rare, I know a couple of shops that still has the Foose available. I also know plenty of online army surplus shops that sell the Desert Gascan for not much more than it would seem they cost if you have military ID so, as far as I can tell, they're not hard to get hold of. Like others, I've never heard of Dark Crystal Red Gascans, they sound cool though.

gascan - dark crystal red - warm grey was set up with part code 03-482, but to my knowledge never issued. bear in mind there are a number of glasses set up with part numbers but did not come to be released, i have a list of about 30 pair all 'set up', but no evidence of their existence. there are several others i am aware of that i need to add to that list actually.

Can you give some examples Romeo? And how does one get their hands on those pairs?

probably its best if i give examples by starting a thread on that subject, its really a topic on its own rather than developing it in this thread asking about a few gascans. you dont get your hands on those pairs as they dont exist. there are ultra rare near impossible to find glass with part codes, but others that were 'set up' but were never made, so those dont exist. a classic case is penny -ti02 - emerald 04-133 (never issued). the problem is proving something does not exist. i suspect gascan - dark crystal red - warm grey 03-482 is one such piece, i will believe it was never released until i see evidence to prove it does.

Another example is the Black Fade Monster Dog. SKU exists, so it was added, but the actual piece never made it to production.