• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are these unique or rare?

Upon further research this phrase was made famous by the real king Leondis before the battle with the Persians. The Persian king told the greek to lay down their weapons and accept the new persian king. And Leonidis responded with(amoing other choice words) molon labe. If there are any history buffs out there please correct me or fill in more of the story.
Right. It was made hugely famous after the movie 300, when the Spartans were told to accept being ruled by Persia and lay down their arms. "Come and take them!" Now, in the US, especially in states that are fully behind the 2nd Amendment (right to bear arms), Molan Labe is huge. Where I'm from, you see it everywhere, in Greek, often with a Spartan helmet. T-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, patches. A middle finger, even a dare, from those who legally own arms, to the ones who want to take that right away. Not trying to get political here. Just explaining what the statement Molan Labe means to a lot of Anericans now.

Didn’t know that standard issue pair had this. It’s “Molon Labe”, Greek for “Come and take them”. Actually makes me want a pair now, though I wish it was on the outside lol
@mderose451 @D3V1LSTH0RN
This Fuel Cell says it too. It's real small though, it's in the banner behind the eagle.

Back