• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are These X Squared's Legit?

DropkickMurphy915

Oakley Beginner
NYC
Hey all, new here and fairly new to Oakley. I have a pair of Why 8.2's that are going on 5 years old and I tire of them, so I've been looking around at various Oakley stores and the X Squared's caught my eye when I realized the Juliets looked hideous on me. I'm not, however, looking to pay retail as I'm a college student and can find significantly better things to do with 400 bucks. That said, I've come across a few pairs on eBay (including a polarized pair in carbon with the OO black iridium lenses for 300 that I missed out on by a few seconds) but I don't really know how to tell if a pair of X Squared's is legit. I've been watching a pair on the bay for a bit and the seller sent me two pictures, which aren't really the greatest:

T2eC16JHJGkE9no8gJEBQVpFD7IYw60_12_zps10414f26.jpg

T2eC16VQE9s3HFd1jBQWSLZcTug60_12_zps1bd20484.jpg

I realize they come with the box and coin and everything, but something just feels off. The white paint on the model number seems weird, given that I was under the impression that those numbers should be engraved into the stem. Anyway, are these good? Anything in particular I should be looking for?

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better. My next question, what color are the carbon frames really? I can't go by the lighting in the stores and the flash in some pictures makes them look gray as opposed to the matte black I've been told they actually are. So what's the verdict from those of you who actually own a pair? Black? Gray? I've been trying to find the polished carbon frames with no luck, so it looks like I'm going to have to settle.

Thanks again

Back