• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are Tungsten Prizm lenses mirrored?

knightofdight

Oakley Beginner
I was at LensCrafters earlier and I saw a pair of Square Wire frames with some form of Tungsten lens in them. The lenses had a Prizm sticker on them, but I am not sure if that's just advertising that Prizm is available or if those actually were Tungsten Prizm lenses. They had an amazing mirror effect, which from what I've read makes me more inclined to believe they were Tungsten Iridium.

A lot of the posts both here and elsewhere raved about how good the Tungsten Prizm lenses are, particularly for driving. I really loved the mirrored effect of the lenses I saw though. I want to be sure I am getting the right thing before I order something.

Does anyone know if the Tungsten Prizm lenses have any kind of iridium/mirror effect to them? Or was what I saw likely Tungsten Iridium? Also, how does the TI compare to TP for driving?

Yes they are mirrored. Here is a (cropped) pic of Holbrook ti with PTP lenses. You can definitely see a mirror on the front of the lens.
480B2CD8-AAA6-4CEA-A579-68894E928A18.jpeg

wow...i didnt think tungsten were mirrored...or are certain ones not?
Yes I literally have a picture above showing the mirrored effect from prizm tungsten. Prizm bronze is the same lens without the mirror. Prizm tungsten doesn’t have as much iridium as prizm black or prizm deep water but it does have a mirror.

Back