• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are vintage x-metal frame temples adjustable for better fit?

ylei

Oakley Beginner
I am a newbie here and try to get my first x-metal Oakley. The issue is that my one ear is lower than the other. Just wondering if the temples of x-metal models can be safely adjusted (bend up or down)? My feeling is that the metal material should be super strong, but not sure if the hinges can survive or not. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Welcome! The frame does not bend easily. But X-Metal earstems, like most Oakleys are rather „fangs“. That’s to say they clamp on and wrap around your skull. They don’t really need to sit on your ears. Always depends shape of your head, of course.
Thanks for the info. I previously tried the modern eye jacket in store, and found that it is slightly tilted looking in front of me due to my different ear height. Do you mean x-metals are too stiff to bend?

Thanks for the info. I previously tried the modern eye jacket in store, and found that it is slightly tilted looking in front of me due to my different ear height. Do you mean x-metals are too stiff to bend?
yes. you can bend them with sufficient force or tools to augment your strength. but you’re likely to break them. Ti does not like cold forming.

Last edited:
I am a newbie here and try to get my first x-metal Oakley. The issue is that my one ear is lower than the other. Just wondering if the temples of x-metal models can be safely adjusted (bend up or down)? My feeling is that the metal material should be super strong, but not sure if the hinges can survive or not. Any ideas?

Thank you!
Have you thought about plastic surgery?

Back