• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are Warranty X-Metal's Rare?

mpmcgaughey

Oakley Expert
Texas
My first pair of Juliets were the Plasma/Emerald Iridium ones - the bridge got loose so I took them to my optometrist and had them send them in (this was back in the day when you could send them in and Oakley would give you a new frame at no cost) and they sent me a serialized warranty frame with the serial W018509B. I've seen a few pop up on eBay but didn't know if they were considered rare or not.

7088261277_3f18b665ca_b.jpg

http://www.o-review.com/wiki.asp?name=Serial_List

Those are really nice. Yes, that was back in the day and they've since stopped sending serialed pairs out. They aren't super rare, but they're not common, either. Awesome piece!

hello friend calls these lenses Oakley X-Metal Warranty, as are replacement but are rare as they are the guarantee to start with w!

You'd have to assume they are rare. At least rarer than the initial frame. There's no way there would be as many warranty frames as their is normal ones. I would assume this in the case of the unserialized Romeo 1.0 warranty frames as well...

Latest Posts

Back