• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are X-Metals losing their values? New X-Squared

In case some of y'all young'uns are unaware of this, "Let a Gargoyle sit on your face" was the marketing slogan of Gargoyle sunglasses back in the '80s when they started getting popular. I quoted it because there was talk of Terminator sunglasses; Gargoyles are what the Terminator was wearing in the original movie...

I never hear about the brand these days but they're actually still around, competing in Oakley's niche of performance/tactical/ballistic-grade sunglasses. The founder claims credit for inventing Toric lens tech back in '79...

i saw a guy with a pair of Gargoyles on at a local cruise night two weeks ago (probably trying to be Dale Earnhart more than Terminator though). i pointed them out to a friend and he didn't understand why i thought they were awesome.

i saw a guy with a pair of Gargoyles on at a local cruise night two weeks ago (probably trying to be Dale Earnhart more than Terminator though). i pointed them out to a friend and he didn't understand why i thought they were awesome.

Vintage?

Back