• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Argh!!!

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Was reminded of this sad story after I just read @SiRacer420's close brush with a severely undervalued pair of Craters here.

I didn't always only wear Oakleys. In the past, I used to wear Raybans and Maui Jim.

I've always looked after my stuff, so although they may be a few years old, they were still in immaculate condition.

Once I started collecting Oakleys, I did a test rust decay on my Raybans (which worked beautifully, btw) but the titanium armed AUD$350 Maui Jims were just so beautiful (and complete), that I decided to give them to a close extended family member.

My mistake was writing a note that said something like, "Hope you enjoy these. They should be an improvement on what you're wearing now!" (as he was wearing $5 wraparounds from Bunnings Warehouse).

He thought I was poking fun at him and chucked them away without trying them on.

When I heard about it 2 weeks later (after the bins had been collected), I just laughed. My sister was absolutely furious! (Oops).

Lesson learned. "Don't throw pearls to swine"!!

Was reminded of this sad story after I just read @SiRacer420's close brush with a severely undervalued pair of Craters here.

I didn't always only wear Oakleys. In the past, I used to wear Raybans and Maui Jim.

I've always looked after my stuff, so although they may be a few years old, they were still in immaculate condition.

Once I started collecting Oakleys, I did a test rust decay on my Raybans (which worked beautifully, btw) but the titanium armed AUD$350 Maui Jims were just so beautiful (and complete), that I decided to give them to a close extended family member.

My mistake was writing a note that said something like, "Hope you enjoy these. They should be an improvement on what you're wearing now!" (as he was wearing $5 wraparounds from Bunnings Warehouse).

He thought I was poking fun at him and chucked them away without trying them on.

When I heard about it 2 weeks later (after the bins had been collected), I just laughed. My sister was absolutely furious! (Oops).

Only give stuff way to people who will truly appreciate your gifts.

Damn that sucks, some people just can't take a joke... or free stuff in this case.

Only give stuff way to people who will truly appreciate your gifts.
Boo hoo. I didn't KNOW he wouldn't appreciate it!!! Even if you didn't know Maui Jim sunglasses, SURELY, you'd see that it was a quality pair!!!

Oh well, it's a bit like that lady that sold a Picasso unknowingly for $2 at a garage sale recently!!!!

Back