• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Arms Popped Off

thenumbersarebad

Oakley Beginner
Hey. I sat on my Portal X and both arms appear to have popped off, I don’t see any breaks in the frame or anything. Is there a special way to pop them back in? Do I have to send them in?
Any help is appreciate!

0B4E4E90-1A5C-4011-AC6A-E3E3F991BE37.jpeg

35E917BE-FB0B-4088-A204-441559343115.jpeg

i dont really know i think you just have to contact oakley and see if youcan buy a new frame or they might send you a new stem oh and nice truck btw oh wait i just realized that you said there was no breaks try sliding them in 45 degrees from the top and a little to the left then push down 45 degrees and to the right try to line the bottom of the stem right under the top of the frame hook hopefully that works im not the best explainer but something like that just keep messing around with it from diffrent angles and it should go back in

It looks like the bottom bun broke off, but maybe I’m wrong? If not, you can just twist and push it back into place. Not too difficult. If it snapped, you are out of luck

Hey. I sat on my Portal X and both arms appear to have popped off, I don’t see any breaks in the frame or anything. Is there a special way to pop them back in? Do I have to send them in?
Any help is appreciate!

View attachment 758498

View attachment 758499
I did the same thing with the same glasses, they pop right back in. I took them to my local store and had them do it, but he just took them and popped them in right on front of me. It just requires some force.

After many attempts I placed the frames on the table, held it firmly, then twisted by force the arm onto it, and it worked first go. I was careful to ensure the lens wouldn't pop out as I figured this could easily happen if I wasn't careful.

Previously I was holding both the arm and the frame and applying equal force which didn't work

Hope that helps

Back