• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
Hello everyone. I want to buy one Oakley Aro5 helmet. I wanted to buy Katusha alpecin aro5 ,because that red colour is HOT, but only small size in stock. So, dimension data is the only option now, but only medium size in stock. Will medium size fit perfectly? I have never used oakley helmets before, so if anyone has any idea about oakley aro series helmets. Please share some suggestions.
Thanks!

The Cav pair I bought last year fits small. Other reviews seem to echo that as well, and I assume it's because Oakley didn't account for the MIPS layer properly. In fact the sizing line altogether is scaled funny because it stops at like 60cm.

I'm at ~59, and the large just didn't fit without a buzzcut. The intake venting is nice but I felt like heat wasn't exiting anywhere. It's a nice helmet. If you're on the lower end of the medium size range, it will probably fit.

The Cav pair I bought last year fits small. Other reviews seem to echo that as well, and I assume it's because Oakley didn't account for the MIPS layer properly. In fact the sizing line altogether is scaled funny because it stops at like 60cm.

I'm at ~59, and the large just didn't fit without a buzzcut. The intake venting is nice but I felt like heat wasn't exiting anywhere. It's a nice helmet. If you're on the lower end of the medium size range, it will probably fit.
My head size is 56 cm. I think medium will fit me.

I'm a curious buyer of cycling equipment. It's so unfortunate to report the following findings;
I tried to the Oakley Aro5 helmet in Medium. First impressions is that it felt like it was sitting on top of my head instead of over like other helmets. I was always conscious of the helmet being there.
Initially I thought that I had purchased the helmet too big... I wear a Medium in other brands. (Kask, Ekoi, Lazer), so I rechecked my measurement. Yup, I'm plum centre in the middle of the M at 55cm.
The helmet always felt too big and the front brim was always in sight and that meant that my Oakley Jawbreaker sunglasses always sagged. The worst about it was that the string started cutting into my the top of my ears. I had to pad it out with Kinesiology tape to prevent this.
The strap is just terrible. It keeps going loose and you can't lock it down.
The Sunglass garage is tripe. The jawbreaker is supposed to be a perfect fit, and every time I look down the bloody things keep falling out of the helmet. Super frustrating. Price wise the it's not the cheapest out there either.
Definitely a hard "No" from me and it's put me off Oakley altogether.

Back