• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Artist series collection

Thanks man. I show em off as much as I can. I'm actually workin on another set to be honest. I've actually picked up quite a few second pairs of this series. Might possibly work on a second set in the near future.

Thanks man. I show em off as much as I can. I'm actually workin on another set to be honest. I've actually picked up quite a few second pairs of this series. Might possibly work on a second set in the near future.

Much as I love the artist collection as a whole, I'm only really on the hunt for Gascan models (already have TLP - as it seems everyone does) and the Don Pendleton Fuel Cell (have a love for the artwork by both TLP and Pendleton)

well @alcapon1 the reason I say it isnt part of the artist series is because oakley never listed it as an artist series. All 17 others were listed on the website as "Artist Series"
I have a countertop just for my Artist Series:
DSC_0071.jpg

I have the tlp rep package that has the glasses goggles and a hoodie. It's pretty sweet. One of my favorite pieces. That's it up top
image.jpeg

well @alcapon1 the reason I say it isnt part of the artist series is because oakley never listed it as an artist series. All 17 others were listed on the website as "Artist Series"
I have a countertop just for my Artist Series:
View attachment 210611

The problem here is that there is really no official Artist Series because Oakley developed this marketing concept over time and collectors grouped them together themselves. There was no Artist Series when Flores released his pair, his artist information states "Signiture Edition" and technically Chantry was the first AS according to the website which leaves out any kind of real official-ness for some of the most sought out pairs. Others fit into this category but when been over that.

What does this mean...Nothing. All I can really say is that one of my towers is dedicated to rare items that reflect the history and marketing of the most exclusive products associated with influential artists and Oakley during that period. Which is why they are one of my most prize possessions. The controversy over Peterson is fantastic too. So much marketing was put behind these 50 Frogskins that they were bound to cross over product lines which make them the hallmark of any grail item from Oakley.

None the less, beautiful collection and presentation of your AS collection. I love the debate by the way, I just cant stop myself to argue.:drinks:

Back