• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Artist Series

Andrew Petterson is an artist who hand painted and numbered 50 Frogskins that were officially issued and sold in 25 stores, each selling 2 pairs covered with a black bag so the buyer could not identify the specific pair, each selling for $350. Although all 50 are different art, any one is a Petterson, so to have one only is enough to say you have it. Nobody will ever own every pair, and even Tmsnewberry with 4 pairs probably has the biggest individual collection of them. The debate could continue as to 'it is or it is not' an artists series piece, but should not be excluded from the collection based on there being only 50 or that each pair is individually different. It could be considered that if this counts as an artists piece, it is the most esoteric of them all.

Well, to that, theres two Flores. If you have only one, does it count as having the whole collection?

Well, to that, theres two Flores. If you have only one, does it count as having the whole collection?

In the case of David Flores there were two different releases, both by the same artist.

Brown - Warm Grey 12-738 Asian fit, Japan exclusive.
Blue Padded Print - Warm Grey 12-748 Withdrawn release.

To have the whole artists collection there is no question you would need both of these, whereas all 50 Petterson were the same release, issued in the same manner, just individually hand painted by the artist, you would not need all 50 pairs to say you have a Petterson Frogskin.

I am waiting on a package contain the Robert Williams which should be arriving any day now, as soon as I get that I have the 17. It has been about 6 years in the making to collect all 17 but I finally did it.

I wont consider the Pettersons part of the artist series. Every pair is extremely different. Not just a lens option or icon.
Im not sure where oakley themselves even listed this as part of the artist series. Only that an artist painted them.

I'm undecided as to wheather the pettersons are or aren't an actual artist series. I'm pretty sure that unless I win the lottery I won`t be able to get a hold of a pair any time soon.

I do know that even getting the 2 flores we extremely difficult($$$$).

How can you count out the peterson but count the withdrawn Flores? Those are even less "available" and you still count those. Just because they're hard to get and expensive doesn't mean they don't count. Come on guys

Back