• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
You aren’t missing anything. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. It was just an error which has been corrected now. Pennys are good for the average Asian face!!!!
I think Penny are hit or miss for Asian faces. If you have a flat but narrow Asian face like Zax then it fits well. But I have a flat but square Asian face like me, then Pennys don't work at all. Too tight on the temples, not enough orbitals for my big face and head. I think Penny are good for narrow Asian faces, but I have X-Metal XX for my wide Asian face.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I've got LG large nosepads for Juliets and they do work pretty well, unless I laugh or smile.

I've considered the XX as the next purchase, but just love the profile of the Penny. Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet if one comes along at a good price.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I've got LG large nosepads for Juliets and they do work pretty well, unless I laugh or smile.

I've considered the XX as the next purchase, but just love the profile of the Penny. Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet if one comes along at a good price.
Keep in mind, all frames were probably created equal but not equally gently used.
NIB or like new can be your best shot at a frame thst fits right.

Does anyone know about differences between standard fit/Asian fit for the Straightlink? I really like the matte brown tortoise frame but it is only available in Asian fit. Am hoping to be able to just swap out the nose bombs. main_oo9336-0758_straightlink_matte-brown-tortoise-prizm-tungsten-polarized_001_122889_png_zoom.jpg

I tried both the regular and AF at the Lobby store. The difference in the Straightlink AF is not just the nosepads. The frame itself is also a little flatter, less curved.
Thst is interesting to hear. I had always liked that frame but never heard of the Asian frame. Thanks.

Back