• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Asian Fit Confusion

EP3RR

Oakley Enthusiast
Ok, so I tried to do a search, but nothing solid came up.

I'm Asian, and therefore Asian fit glasses seem to fit pretty well for me (Chainlinks at least).

Now I was looking at a pair of Asian Fit Racing Jackets OO9197-xx compared to the "regular" fit OO9171-xx. So me being confused I call Oakley, they said it's the same, just the nose piece is different, and that all models, regardless of Asian/regular fit, come with the extra nose pieces for Asian/regular. (Btw, both model numbers can be found on o-reviews)

What they could not answer for me, is why then, would they have two different model numbers? Why would they not just automatically include the extra pieces? (I know they come with two sets, but is one specifically for Asian fit?)

So this makes me wonder, could the actual frame be different and they (call center) don't know that, and just assume they all have the "Asian fit" nose piece?

And here's something to look at :p

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425155796.748362.jpg

Some Asian Fit models are just the nosepiece, i.e. Jawbone/Racing Jacket, Fast Jacket, Straight Jacket. But there are also frames the are different from the standard frames, i.e. Gascan, Radar. It varies for each model.

The two different SKU's are because those models are intended to be exported to the Asian market worldwide. The only recently started stocking them in the US a few years ago.

Some Asian Fit models are just the nosepiece, i.e. Jawbone/Racing Jacket, Fast Jacket, Straight Jacket. But there are also frames the are different from the standard frames, i.e. Gascan, Radar. It varies for each model.

The two different SKU's are because those models are intended to be exported to the Asian market worldwide. The only recently started stocking them in the US a few years ago.

I guess that would explain why I can only find Asian country websites when searching the model number.

Thanks!!

Sometimes true sometimes the front is less curved I have seen both and ...some pair are wider and some are same as standard fit. How do u tell I dont know I am specifically talking abt Flak. Straight jacket same just different nose pads

Back