• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Asian Fit Differences Between Models?

Still looking for any info on the differences on the Asian Fit Half Jacket (original HJ). Is it just the nose piece? Will standard HJ XLJ lenses work in the Asian Fit frame?

I really hope I can help you out with this one. I used to have both AF and standard frame of the HJ (sold them both to acquire new pair) and I didn't try to swap the lenses though. I didn't see any differences between the two just the nose bombs. I was certain that both Asian and standard fit have the same frame. I don't recall any Asian fit lenses for the HJ on the market until recently. Some VL "Asian fit" lenses floating on eBay from one seller BUT if you check the VL website there aren't any asian fit HJ lenses. So I assume that the seller just added the word Asian fit to his listings. I hope our forum member here who works for Oakley can shed light on this. Sorry NiGHTSx2. I wish I had a better answer for you. Cheers!

Can anyone please tell me what is the difference between asian fit and regular in RADARLOCKS? I gues lens are the same or not? How about the frame ??
Cheers!

So we know the o matter frames are pretty much the same but what about wires

I have a pair of Asian fit inmates on the way what could be different in those since the nose pads are adjustable?

From what I remember the Asian fit inmates are QUITE different from the originals, they are much flatter and look pretty sweet.

Can anyone please tell me what is the difference between asian fit and regular in RADARLOCKS? I gues lens are the same or not? How about the frame ??
Cheers!

Lenses are the same. It'd make no sense to do run even more lines of each tint.

The frames are the exact same. Only frame differences you'll find for the Radarlock frames are the the Edge (straight stem) and XL (nose piece holder is longer iirc). Pitch and Path are the same frame

I don't understand the point of the Edge frame too well. If anyone can answer this, don't the stems finish the same way for a 3-point fit? If so, it really wouldn't be tighter because the straight end isn't supposed to hold any part of the face really.

Are you sure the frames are the same in the radar locks? I have a pair of regular fit radars and a pair of Asian fit radars, and the difference is night and day. The Asian fit is MUCH wider. See pics:
BE14624A-C984-46AF-9326-44C4143FAA21-6474-000006D671320422_zps4d36ab3f.jpg
B08CE460-D330-4F98-A2FA-24FAB74BDA78-6474-000006D676227ADE_zpsf65c68b3.jpg

The Asian fit radar frames are indeed different, but it's true that there is no difference between standard vs. asian for Radarlocks.

I can only say that besides wider, it does not clamp much tightly on your head. ( Radar Models)

Are you sure the frames are the same in the radar locks? I have a pair of regular fit radars and a pair of Asian fit radars, and the difference is night and day. The Asian fit is MUCH wider. See pics:

Been what I've been hearing, and I've never seen any Asian fit Radarlock frame distinguished/identified.

How about Half Jacket 2.0? I got an Asian fit pair, and they appear to be the same size at the standard fit. The only thing that's weird is that the lenses from a standard HJ2.0 fit a little loose in the Asian fit frame. The lenses appear to fit fine, but just don't lock in as tightly as normal. It could just be my particular frame, as I also have a standard fit frame that doesn't have a very positive "click" when mounting lenses. Anyone know if this is an AF difference, or just an anomaly?

Back