• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

'Asian Fit', should you be outraged or not?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...glasses--to-be-outraged-or-not-173025181.html

Really Yahoo? This is news? This line has been around for years. What a ridiculous article to post and from what I see in the comment section under the article, a lot of people agree.

I saw that yesterday. It was their attempt at race baiting for hits on their article and web site, nothing more. News outlets have been going to extreme with this again since the Zimmerman trial in many facets of non-related media events. Then they wonder why racism and hate in general is still prolific in this country...media bias for the almighty dollar and political agenda.

Working in a place with a high Asian population (and being Asian myself lol) I've never had anyone complain. There's always an initial reaction: "Why asian?" but everyone gets it once you explain. it makes sense. How else would you explain it? Small-nose-big-cheek-fit?

Check this out, back in late 80's early 90's nobody said anything about looney tunes cartoons. Now, people are saying looney tunes is cartoon violence. E.g. Elmer Fudd shooting bugs, Cayote getting blown up by acme explosives. Nobody said anything about Sesame Street back then until they criticize cookie monster promoting child obesity for eating too many cookies. Sadly some people complain, some people are sensitive. It is human nature.

These people have been around forever. It's just that the internet has become an avenue for them to bitch and moan about anything they find mildly offensive

Back