• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Asking for a chain of references

Steven Goldberg

“were talking about practice”
Premium Member
Whorlando
I think after a recent history of people scamming I think a new policy is in order.

It’s nothing new to me in the watch forums but I feel the only way to mitigate issues arising is having a reference chain.

feedback is great but like any feedback section people tend to leave only good feedback due to the backlash of what might transpire if someone took an honest take of the transaction.

I feel if we said, seller A. If you don’t mind vouching for me for buyer B. As well as for the buyer. If both members have positive feedback, it’s less likely to have a negative transaction.

let’s say if the transaction went sideways, feedback could be added to the chain and made known for any future transaction between the buyer or seller.

I think this will also stop repeat scammers as if someone scammed a buyer or seller/ it would be known in the chain and can be tracked.

let me know your thoughts. Thanks

if you did a transaction with @Steven Goldberg and @Atticus for a pair of sunglasses.

I am the seller and you are the buyer.

I ask every1 if they can vouch for me as a seller and you can ask every1 to vouch for you as a buyer.

It will keep people in the loop on who's doing what transactions, but even better, it provides an actual chain that can be tracked if a transaction goes sour.

Lets say I sold you the sunglasses and they turned out not as described. You then want to return but I said your beat. You can write in the thread, seller was unable to mitigate issue at hand. I can either work with you or tarnish my reputation as a seller.

if we can track it in an easy fashion to where other buyers/sellers can find these chains to see if they want to do business with the seller/buyer in the future, it can make it a much safer environment.

essentially it will prevent someone from scamming 20 members because people have written the transaction went south.

if you did a transaction with @Steven Goldberg and @Atticus for a pair of sunglasses.

I am the seller and you are the buyer.

I ask every1 if they can vouch for me as a seller and you can ask every1 to vouch for you as a buyer.

It will keep people in the loop on who's doing what transactions, but even better, it provides an actual chain that can be tracked if a transaction goes sour.

Lets say I sold you the sunglasses and they turned out not as described. You then want to return but I said your beat. You can write in the thread, seller was unable to mitigate issue at hand. I can either work with you or tarnish my reputation as a seller.

if we can track it in an easy fashion to where other buyers/sellers can find these chains to see if they want to do business with the seller/buyer in the future, it can make it a much safer environment.

essentially it will prevent someone from scamming 20 members because people have written the transaction went south.
I think I follow. So, the idea is the YFG issue would have ended much sooner, but not necessarily prevented completely. But, still a net positive for the overall forum...

I think I follow. So, the idea is the YFG issue would have ended much sooner, but not necessarily prevented completely. But, still a net positive for the overall forum...

yes. Your a watch guy so I’m sure you understand. Most people that spend 3,000-20,000 on a watch don’t want to pay 3 percent in fees. Wire is truly the way to go.

it’s a scary concept for wire, I get it. But in the oakley game we are talking a much smaller $$.

I just think it’s crappy that Someone can do that to so many people. I think if we had a system where we can actively discuss if someone has gone rogue is a pressing topic when we’re talking about someone’s hard earned money.

we spend thousands of dollars on our hobby. Maybe some members it’s not needed because they Are you brothers, but **** when I send internationally, outside of a few members G&S is the only option.

Dealing in the more expensive watches at first i didnt understand how you could send someone a wire transfer for a watch you see online thats from a private seller and not a dealer. It would be like paying someone f&f for a Livestrong TB2 to someone you dont know. After talking to multiple people and with the help of a few others I understand they do business just as Steven is referring to here. It makes sense and one bad deal and everyone would know right away.

The system could work, for established members
,,,, as either a buyer or seller how would the system work for a new member get anyone to vouch for them?

Last edited:
The system could work, for established members
,,,, as either a buyer or seller how would the system work for a new member get anyone to vouch for them?
best option is to treat newer members as if they have nobody to vouch. Once a deal is done the safest way (g&s) then the new member will a vouch

Dealing in the more expensive watches at first i didnt understand how you could send someone a wire transfer for a watch you see online thats from a private seller and not a dealer. It would be like paying someone f&f for a Livestrong TB2 to someone you dont know. After talking to multiple people and with the help of a few others I understand they do business just as Steven is referring to here. It makes sense and one bad deal and everyone would know right away.
There are watch sellers that do G&S to established buyers. I have yet to use FF for a watch.

Back