• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Asking the pros!

Kodiak62

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,

Just bought my first pair of Oakleys and thought it wise to ask here as opposed to googling for hours and ending up with crap info. (Fellow shopper at the Oakley store in Woodburn, OR suggested this forum.)
Sooo... Latch Alphas are inbound now and once I get them I'm wondering what the best way to clean them is. I have the Costco/Kirkland lens cleaner now - don't ever let it so much as sniff my Oakleys or "This is the way."? I've been using a washcloth for cleaning my Ray-Bans but am guessing you fine people will suggest using something made specifically for cleaning glasses. (???)
I don't exactly look like an orange on a toothpick but some shades get a bit uncomfortably snug after roughly a minute, so... any way to adjust the fit on the Latch Alphas? Take them in to an optician? Or accept them as they are, put on my big boy pants and go about my day?
And finally, due to the fact I'm an idiot, I lose things. Never anything of little to no value. Always something like, say, prized, high-end sunglasses that were a gift from a loved one. I saw the Split Shot with the wire attached for hanging around the neck when not wearing and KNEW those were perfect for me. Tried them on and my wife had a good laugh. "What's funny?"
Yeah, no.
Suggestions for a "leash" you like or ones to avoid?
Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Latch Alpha.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

IUSTEVE

Oakley Expert
INDIANA
As for cleaning them....I’m sure the Costco lens cleaner will work fine but for the love of your glasses don’t use a washcloth. These will come with a microfiber bag, use that!! If you want more ask around here or the vault they sell them in all shapes, sizes and colors. They are meant to clean lenses safely to avoid scratches.

Latest posts

New Threads