• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
About 6 months ago I got a refill at a Vault store. But not all the employees may be aware of it, especially if they have never been asked before. The first employee I asked said she never heard of any such thing. Then she asked the manager who looked at her like it was the most obvious question ever. He tells her "It's the big bottle of cleaning solution right underneath the cash register."

Hi all,

Just bought my first pair of Oakleys and thought it wise to ask here as opposed to googling for hours and ending up with crap info. (Fellow shopper at the Oakley store in Woodburn, OR suggested this forum.)
Sooo... Latch Alphas are inbound now and once I get them I'm wondering what the best way to clean them is. I have the Costco/Kirkland lens cleaner now - don't ever let it so much as sniff my Oakleys or "This is the way."? I've been using a washcloth for cleaning my Ray-Bans but am guessing you fine people will suggest using something made specifically for cleaning glasses. (???)
I don't exactly look like an orange on a toothpick but some shades get a bit uncomfortably snug after roughly a minute, so... any way to adjust the fit on the Latch Alphas? Take them in to an optician? Or accept them as they are, put on my big boy pants and go about my day?
And finally, due to the fact I'm an idiot, I lose things. Never anything of little to no value. Always something like, say, prized, high-end sunglasses that were a gift from a loved one. I saw the Split Shot with the wire attached for hanging around the neck when not wearing and KNEW those were perfect for me. Tried them on and my wife had a good laugh. "What's funny?"
Yeah, no.
Suggestions for a "leash" you like or ones to avoid?
Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Latch Alpha.jpg

As for cleaning them....I’m sure the Costco lens cleaner will work fine but for the love of your glasses don’t use a washcloth. These will come with a microfiber bag, use that!! If you want more ask around here or the vault they sell them in all shapes, sizes and colors. They are meant to clean lenses safely to avoid scratches.

Hi, I have bought this new Oakley Radar EV with prism field lenses for when I play competitive beach volleyball. Very happy so far. I played like 7-8 games so far and never properly cleaned the lenses. I just cleaned them quickly during and after the game using my T-shirt. I know its a bad idea, easy to scratch them with grains of sand. I am lazy, but I wanna start now to do things properly. What do you suggest me to do for a good cleaning when back home, maybe put glasses under running water? and for a clean up during a tournament game if i dive into the sand and i need to quickly remove sand from lenses? I cannot make the other team wait, its not allowed. Maybe I go off the court and take my water bottle and pour it quickly on the lenses? Then what, lenses are gonna be wet, should i use the microfiber cloth?

Thank you very much for any help!

15994189624763751192721744832175.jpg

15994190419105506190246781614395.jpg

15994190603084069965018109238491.jpg

SAAAAANNNND!
emt2_willy_nilly.gif

IF the lenses aren’t trashed yet: :rolleyes:
Get thee some Hydrophobic solution to coat the lenses after proper cleaning.
If they get sandy during competition, use your water bottle to wash the sand away, quickly. The water will run off the lenses like magic, and you’ll be ready to rumble in seconds.

SAAAAANNNND!
View attachment 784983
IF the lenses aren’t trashed yet: :rolleyes:
Get thee some Hydrophobic solution to coat the lenses after proper cleaning.
If they get sandy during competition, use your water bottle to wash the sand away, quickly. The water will run off the lenses like magic, and you’ll be ready to rumble in seconds.
2nd a nice Hydrophobic coating will help you out nicely.

Make sure the lenses are *super* clean before you put the coating on.
Clean them again once you though you cleaned it all...really sucks scratching your lenses during a hydroponic coating....

Latest Posts

Back