• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Atomic Orange Jawbone - Real vs. Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpokol

Oakley Beginner
Chicago Il
So I received these Jawbones today and a friend of mine and a very helpful member have tried helping me in determining if these are fake or real. Now I was told these where Atomic Orange but after comparing them to a regular another pair of atomic orange the colors do not match. I hate to accuse anyone of lying but at the same time I'm new to the trading and I just want to be treated fair.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

image6.JPG

I can't be sure, but one thing to check is inside the frame for the rubber pads for the lenses. Hard to imagine the fakes going that far.

I was in the same boat when questioning why my used pair I bought didn't have outer bolts sitting flush and the torx heads looked different from my Vault pair. Concluded it's legit after checking through the following:
  • seller didn't seem sleazy at all. Was honest enough to refund me when he determined a lower shipping cost
  • SKU matched colorway
  • stems locked
  • parts interchanged with surely real Jawbone I bought at the Vault
  • O-Store manager didn't have any doubts
  • had said rubber inserts
  • lenses don't fall out when opening (I've seen fakes do this)
  • was sold to me with legit case, lenses, packaged extra nose pieces
  • flexes in all the same ways
It'd just be too elaborate of a scheme to make $40 bucks off me. If it was fake I'd have to applaud the company behind it. In your case looks like you have an OCP or MPH pair being slightly off hue (iirc it happens with Orange and Retina). Would also mention that all fakes I've seen can't replicate the nose piece mount properly. But those rubber pads should be enough of a determining factor.

the fakes in general don't have the 'o' icon embossed on the inside of the lower jaw - i think i can see them in your pics....

if you can, try a pair of genuine lenses in them as i don't think they will fit in a fake pair.

of course, the fakes may have improved over time.

I cant imagine these being fake, if they are, we are all in trouble.

I know fakes are getting better, but those look way to good to be fake! I'd say they are real.

I had a pair of Livestrong Jawbones (very first batch) and the yellow was just plain yellow, not the proper yellow, which they corrected in a subsequent batch. Hard to say from your pics, but it looks a bit like the same issue, so might just be an early model.

Thank you everyone for your feed back! I just can never be too careful iv'e had friends get really screwed before so I'm always just being as careful as possible.

atomic is molded orange, not painted. if there are lighter areas around letters and curves, or in the stem or jaw hinge areas it's fake. jaws can be swapped, paint vs molded can't

Looks like the pair I had. I would say real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back