• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Attention 3D Print Masters!!!

trippledigitss

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
If you have a 3D printer there are several places that are looking for PPE and medical supplies. If you are a user of The Spaghetti Detective you probably received the email, but their user forum has a section dedicated to the COVID-19 if you would like more info on how to help. You can also find more info at GetUsPPE.org. There are many places in need so I currently have 2 printers working nearly 24/7 on making respirator masks and face shield headbands as fast as I can. (and thinking about buying a 3rd printer to make even more)

I dont want to name them publicly here without their consent but there are 5 members who have chipped a nice chunk of change to help me with supplies so I want to say THANK YOU to those guys! You know who you are!!

You can also find sponsors that are offering filament and other materials at very generous discounts to use for your donated PPE. There is likely a local hospital or clinic in your area that is running low on supplies and would love the donations.

So for what its worth - it may be a good way to put your printers to work and help out!

I hope you are all doing well and finding ways to stay positive and healthy. I think some of us are in areas that are more locked down than others and are starting to get a little stir crazy! I know I am!!

Thanks for you time and take care O Forum!

Last edited:
If you have a 3D printer there are several places that are looking for PPE and medical supplies. If you are a user of The Spaghetti Detective you probably received the email, but their user forum has a section dedicated to the COVID-19 if you would like more info on how to help. You can also find more info at GetUsPPE.org. There are many places in need so I currently have 2 printers working nearly 24/7 on making respirator masks and face shield headbands as fast as I can. (and thinking about buying a 3rd printer to make even more)

I dont want to name them publicly here without their consent but there are 5 members who have chipped a nice chunk of change to help me with supplies so I want to say THANK YOU to those guys! You know who you are!!

You can also find sponsors that are offering filament and other materials at very generous discounts to use for your donated PPE. There is likely a local hospital or clinic in your area that is running low on supplies and would love the donations.

So for what its worth - it may be a good way to put your printers to work and help out!

I hope you are all doing well and finding ways to stay positive and healthy. I think some of us are in areas that are more locked down than others and are starting to get a little stir crazy! I know I am!!

Thanks for you time and take care O Forum!
Id love to see how all that works!!!

Show pics when you can

Sure. I dont have anything assembled but I can show some of my parts and examples shown with the 3d files

Id love to see how all that works!!!

Show pics when you can

I dont have any photos of my headbands but those orange ones are the same I'm printing. Its from the prusa shield shown here PrusaPrinters

The last 2 photos are not mine, they are from the TSD group email that got me started.

More info on the masks is here:

I am not going to make any claims or post info about filters here because I do not want to give any inaccurate info that could be harmful. I am not installing or providing filters, I was told the recipients will use materials approved by their staff.

The masks are not assembled, still waiting for elastic bands and foam lining for the inside contact points. But obviously I am not a professional and wont instruct anyone to use them. I am just making the approved files and donating. The final recipient can instruct its users.

I'm only making a limited amount of masks until I have a confirmed recipient and then switching both printers to headbands. The masks take a lot of material and assembly and I'm worried no one will take them.

Definitely reach out to any prospective recipients and make sure they will accept your products before you spend a lot of time and money making a lot of them. The TSD and GetusPPE organizers can also help direct you or connect you with recipients.

20200327_073431.jpg
20200327_073426.jpg
20200327_073357.jpg
Screenshot_20200325-111639_BlueMail.jpg
Screenshot_20200325-111722_BlueMail.jpg

Last edited:
@trippledigitss bravo on you for doin the Lord's work bro! Not all heroes wear capes!
Thank you sir. But I'm just putting files on an sd card and feeding rolls of plastic into the machine. The heroes are the guys that made those files and shared them. And of course the people that are actually wearing the gear and trying to heal people!

Thank you sir. But I'm just putting files on an sd card and feeding rolls of plastic into the machine. The heroes are the guys that made those files and shared them. And of course the people that are actually wearing the gear and trying to heal people!
No doubt on both counts, but don't sell yourself short. No one is making you do this. You're stepping up and taking your own time to do a noble thing.

That is truly impressive. I've seen some sharing patents for Face Shields as well for the health-workers and frontliners against Coronavirus.

Back