• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Authentic lenses

jbtvt

Oakley Beginner
I bought some replacement sapphire iridium lenses for a 5 year old pair of Sliver XLs after reading good reviews here and elsewhere about the seller, Oakleyservices09. They seem like quality lenses, thickness is the same as the OEM (thicker than the $7 generics on eBay), optics are also fine as far as I can tell, but tint, and to a lesser extent color, are noticeably different. They seem to let quite a bit more light through. It seems unlikely to me that Oakley would change the tint this much, even five years later, but I don't follow this stuff. OEM is supposedly 12% visible light transmittance. Has anyone else noticed this type of change, on this or any other color lenses? Thoughts on authenticity? See photos, replacement is on the left side (as worn) when installed, right side in loose lens pic

trQcQLGl.jpg

m5jSNpZl.jpg

2wQfmTBl.jpg

I have dealt with that dude many times, and all of the lenses have been legit. The thing to be realized is even from batch to batch, Oakley has variance. My favorite example is Prizm Ruby Polarized. When it first came out, there was little to no green tint looking through, just amber brown/gold. More recent batches have a greenish (think Fire Iridium Polarized) tone looking through. The finish of the early ones us a darker deeper red. The finish of the lenses are more yellow-orange on the greenish view ones. Dude definitely sells legit lenses, but Lux/Oakley has wide variances from batch to batch. My best theory is that this dude as well as eBay reseller dude basically buy bulk lenses from the warehouse in metro ATL. Both have legit OEM lenses in every transaction I have made. Batch variance is a pain.

Sapphire Prizm Polarized is one lense I do not care for, personally. Wife loves it.

I have dealt with that dude many times, and all of the lenses have been legit. The thing to be realized is even from batch to batch, Oakley has variance. My favorite example is Prizm Ruby Polarized. When it first came out, there was little to no green tint looking through, just amber brown/gold. More recent batches have a greenish (think Fire Iridium Polarized) tone looking through. The finish of the early ones us a darker deeper red. The finish of the lenses are more yellow-orange on the greenish view ones. Dude definitely sells legit lenses, but Lux/Oakley has wide variances from batch to batch. My best theory is that this dude as well as eBay reseller dude basically buy bulk lenses from the warehouse in metro ATL. Both have legit OEM lenses in every transaction I have made. Batch variance is a pain.

Sapphire Prizm Polarized is one lense I do not care for, personally. Wife loves it.
You are so accurate with what you said, throughout the years I have noticed that they fluctuate constantly. Anyway, just agreeing with you sir!!

Latest Posts

Back