• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Automatic Gearbox Owner’s List (cacatman)

After a long search, I’m finally part of the Automatic Gearbox Family!

Gearbox TI Band
No: 0869
B5886D28-32C9-497F-8586-E81565100D53.jpeg
FF94A84F-9AF3-4874-B521-14938A0F9B79.jpeg

Haha, yes that the same one recently sold on eBay. It's currently at my Brother house and will bring it over by end of May, but I wonder if it's possible to Refinish the GearBox?

@zwc0442

Larry Rabina can make that watch look brand new. I’m sure Zack can as well so maybe look at who has more availability. I wanted it but had to make myself miss the end of the auction lol.

That’s true, I’ll reach out to Larry as well. Thanks bro!

You bet. I would like to know the process of making the ti bracelets look new again while retaining the lines in the links as well as making the clasps look new without polishing. I’m sure it’s a multi step process. Probably different grades of sandpaper or steel wool I would guess. That watch is sick. Get it like new again and it will be worth quite a bit more.

You bet. I would like to know the process of making the ti bracelets look new again while retaining the lines in the links as well as making the clasps look new without polishing. I’m sure it’s a multi step process. Probably different grades of sandpaper or steel wool I would guess. That watch is sick. Get it like new again and it will be worth quite a bit more.

Agreed, I actually message Greg about how to restore the Gearbox and he mention to take it to the jeweler.
At first I though the Bronze/Copper was chip off, but my friend has the watch and the condition isn't too bad and will update the gearbox restoration.

176077928_755310888438308_4966137692669286702_n.gif

Agreed, I actually message Greg about how to restore the Gearbox and he mention to take it to the jeweler.
At first I though the Bronze/Copper was chip off, but my friend has the watch and the condition isn't too bad and will update the gearbox restoration.

View attachment 860137

I left my copper patina on there but I have polished it before. It looks good either way really. That watch is the only one i really want left in my collection. I have the unobtanium band one but that ti bracelet look is so clean. Looking forward to your progress in the cleanup of it.

I would like to know how to recondition the bronze ring. When I received my watch from Oakley, it had already been touched by someone there without a glove because the patina had already started.

Back