• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Automatic Gearbox Titanium bracelet: not keeping time

Ryan_C

Oakley Expert
IN
Well, I finally was able to pull the trigger on this Automatic Gearbox a week ago. I was thinking it was running fast and low and behold, I reset the time to the second on Saturday evening. And looking at it today, Monday, I am already 5 minutes fast. Is this normal? I still can return, but are there next to none available for exchange?

Any others with a time keeping problem?

image.jpg

New topics are pointless without pictures.

Well, I finally was able to pull the trigger on this Automatic Gearbox a week ago. I was thinking it was running fast and low and behold, I reset the time to the second on Saturday evening. And looking at it today, Monday, I am already 5 minutes fast. Is this normal? I still can return, but are there next to none available for exchange?

Any others with a time keeping problem?
@shofzr ?

Maybe you are just way too fast for that watch and it can't keep up with you? ;)

Typically non COSC automatic movement should be within 20-30 seconds a day, this one seems to be gaining around 120 seconds a day...

I understand there is no more to exchange it with, the fix could be as easy as a simple( for a watchmaker) regulation, or all the way up to a full movement service.

Now Being brand new I would think the regulation and or movement service would be covered, as taking it to someone other than an Oakley authorized service center would most likely void your warranty, I would keep that as a last resort.

Back