• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Automatic Gearbox Vs Automatic Gearbox???

• Thread starter tmsnewberry
  • Start date
T

tmsnewberry

So I have shown a member on here a little of what happens when you wear a automatic gearbox for a few months vs a brand new one.

First is my BNIB serialized lucky number 13!
This is only the second time I have actually opened the box for a picture. As you can see in the photo the bronze bezel is extremely polished and shows no sign of changing color/patina due the elements.

ebehyhyt.jpg

Next is the one I bought in November right before thanksgiving. I have worn this watch nearly everyday since then.

My camera sucks because I use all my money on buying watches and glasses so I took the best photos I could at this time.

1st Photo. I just took this cause I think it's an awesome feature Oakley added to this watch with it saying automatic on the side. The "weight" / movement which you can see just like the the back of a TBII says gearbox on it unlike the TBII which says Oakley.

any3e9e4.jpg

2nd Photo
If you look at the upper left around 10-11 you can see the bronze bezel showing signs of patina.

adu3anus.jpg

3rd photo.
This photo shows the patina the best as you can see it is starting to show around the entire bezel.

yqasehuq.jpg

I will continue to update this thread as time goes by to show how the elements change the color as this is now my everyday watch. If you have the money I would definitely buy one of these while you can! It is a great watch and definitely makes a statement. People are always asking me what kind of watch it is and what the bezel is made of. Oakley did an excellent job designing this watch in my opinion.

If anyone has any other photo request of the watch just ask and I will try my best to accommodate them.

Thanks everyone.

Great Pictures Thomas, that watch is so sweet, and it gets better with age as the pictures show, I think its one of Oakleys best watches

Even though its showing signs of patina you are still happy with it......yes?

Very cool that ya have 2!:thumb:

Even though its showing signs of patina you are still happy with it......yes?

Very cool that ya have 2!:thumb:

Frank, I would not trade this watch for anything. The Livestrong TBII, the hollow points and other gearboxes are collecting dust in the display case ever since I bought this one. It's one of the best Oakley has released in many years.

This is one thread I can truly appreciate, and look forward to reviewing. I just bought a gearbox and another prized watch I have been after for sometime. I may have to consider the automatic, as a future endeavor....

Frank, I would not trade this watch for anything. The Livestrong TBII, the hollow points and other gearboxes are collecting dust in the display case ever since I bought this one. It's one of the best Oakley has released in many years.

It is a very beautiful timepiece. I do love the way it looks. They did it right with this one. :thumb: