• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Automatic Gearbox Vs Automatic Gearbox???

• Thread starter tmsnewberry
  • Start date
A titanium band has bee rumored lately for the gear box so you never know.

I don't mind the I unobtainium band. It's something just fits the watch well. Do I like the titanium bracelets? Yes I do. But the band just flows with the watch.

Thanks!!!! Good to know, as I had an unobtainium band on my holeshot, and it wasn't impressive for having a natural curvature. Yet one of my MomoDesign watches has one of the finest rubber style bracelets that I have seen in a while, and it fits perfect.... I cant wait to get my Gearbox, should arrive Monday..... If its as impressive as the pics, I may just have to venture to the Automatic. Thanks again!

I just wish they made a slightly smaller automatic gearbox. I know it'd lose it's appeal to a lot of people though. And on the band comment, the rubber is ALOT more comfortable than titanium bands. I can wear my gearbox / transfer case all the time with ease. But I don't wear my minute machines / hollowpoints very often. Partly because I've found the band to scratch fairly easy, but mostly because the hollowpoint band is pretty bulky comparatively

Great looking watch even after what happened to it.

I don't know if you meant that as a bad thing??? But the watch is suppose to change that's what it was designed to do and why they used bronze.

Ok.... I got a few inquires out there now. I might as well start to seek one out.

Good luck, from what I heard they are not many left in oakley inventory. If you need help tracking one down let me know. The store I go to is very good at finding things for me.

How far are you going to let the patina go? I have seen other bronze watches that get to the "green stage" from wearing in salt water and such. Of course they come back around and that is what is so great about the bronze. I just don't know if I could do that. I love my watches, as I'm sure you do, and I don't know if I could do that with one of mine. It is very, very cool and I love seeing the patina on other people's, just not my own. I guess that is why I don't have any "bronzos". lol

I look forward to see future pictures of yours.

How far are you going to let the patina go? I have seen other bronze watches that get to the "green stage" from wearing in salt water and such. Of course they come back around and that is what is so great about the bronze. I just don't know if I could do that. I love my watches, as I'm sure you do, and I don't know if I could do that with one of mine. It is very, very cool and I love seeing the patina on other people's, just not my own. I guess that is why I don't have any "bronzos". lol

I look forward to see future pictures of yours.

I'm just gonna let it go and see what happens. I don't wear it when I'm out in lake so it's not exposed to that much water but I live in a pretty high humidity area during the summer so I have a feeling it will start changing faster this summer.