• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Avoid This EBay Seller At All Costs

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Listed item as very good used. Now I don't consider major earstem, nosebridge and interior paint wear as well as a huge scratch across the line of sight on one lens as very good...I also don't think, as this seller does, that just because he thinks I got a great deal that any conditon is acceptable (ignoring the fact that mint and new pieces have popped up for $200 of late). Aside from that the seller has been rude from the start of my communications with him and has graduated to long rambling crude profanity laced messages and now told me he's going to be as un cooperative with the item not as described dispute as he can be. I wouldn't buy from this seller again if he listed something as brand new....simply not worth getting messages that make me upset and I have to make sure my kids don't read

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

AND his leaves his telephone number on the auction.....I wouldn't let ANYONE get me worked up with messages..... Just remember he will eventually pi$$ off the wrong buyer....

I'm assuming you bought a set? Open a dispute case in the resolution center and note that the item was not accurately described. It takes time but if the auction did not show the damage you will prevail. Good luck.

The thing is once a dispute is opened up through ebay it means that ebay will also be able to read the communication too. The guy's a fool doing that as it just adds weight to your argument. If you just stick to the fact's & not get involved in the abuse then it should stack up in your favour. It will be intersting to see how this pans out.

Open a dispute case in the resolution center and note that the item was not accurately described. It takes time but if the auction did not show the damage you will prevail. Good luck.
+1...eBay seems to be more and more buyer friendly. You should be able to come out on top at the end, but it might take some time.

The thing is once a dispute is opened up through ebay it means that ebay will also be able to read the communication too. The guy's a fool doing that as it just adds weight to your argument. If you just stick to the fact's & not get involved in the abuse then it should stack up in your favour. It will be intersting to see how this pans out.

Exactly what I've done....even when he was rude from message one I just stated things factually...once he went off the deep end I opened a case and reported the messages to SafeHarbor (profanity in messages is a violation of eBay communication policies). I agree though, with eBays buyer bias in all likelihood they will find in my favor it will just take time for the process to play out (not that I disagree with that bias...after all at the end of the day, the seller gets back the same product they had, buyer gets back their funds). This is also why I as a seller avoid generic descriptions of conditon in my listings....very good to one is not to another (though in this case its not even close)....I list as preowned and then specifically describe conditon so there's no gray area. Apparently I should avoid bidding on generic described items as well LOL

I know this guy has bad business practices, but the rules still state that you can not post links to auctions that are not your own, so mods should at least remove the link.

I know this guy has bad business practices, but the rules still state that you can not post links to auctions that are not your own, so mods should at least remove the link.

The rules state you can't post links so that it doesn't create bidding wars...once the listing is ended the intent of the rule has passed and posting the links is allowed.

Back