• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Back to the drawing board...

jmuun

Oakley Beginner
So I was hoping to sell my Juliets, but after having the nose pads removed - they had been glued on - I noticed that one side was more loose than the other. I looked closer and saw what looks like grey "sludge" coming out. I am baffled about this and am wondering if this is the remains of some type of "bumper" on the inside.

So I have pulled the add and am now looking for options.

I understand there are people who can rebuild them so having my Juliets "restored" is an option. Should I go this route, are there any recommendations? I found a guy on YouTube named Alexander who is from Mixed Movement TV. Has anyone heard of him? I think he is Canadian so that would help. Any idea what this would cost me?

My other option is to sell them "as is". This I find to be a bit of a let down, but it my be my best route. What would a DIY pair of Juliets cost?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jmuun

Very common ... it is a gasket and they wear out... I would be much more worried about the glued nose pads and cleaning that up without damaging the frame then sell them as is and let the new owner choose who or how to tune them. Ask around $250 here on a frame (only if the nose bombs get cleaned up). This is the wrong time of year to sell and Juliets are not real high on the market so might take a little patience.

I also just learned about "X-Man Custom Metalworks" and this site was referenced on their website. Any comments or suggestions?

jaYson

Very common ... it is a gasket and they wear out... I would be much more worried about the glued nose pads and cleaning that up without damaging the frame then sell them as is and let the new owner choose who or how to tune them. Ask around $250 here on a frame (only if the nose bombs get cleaned up). This is the wrong time of year to sell and Juliets are not real high on the market so might take a little patience.
Yeah I got the pads off with nail polish remover. I was surprised how easily the nailpolish broke up the crazyglue. The metal looks fine, but still has glue on it. I have a Drummel and can buff it off...

Well they have been sitting in my closet for ohhhhh 20+ years so waiting a few months to sell them is fine.

Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it...

jmuun

Back