• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Back with a new pair

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
Hey guys! Due to some personal issues, I've been away from here for awhile. Spent my time finishing up school, working 50 hours a week and being with the significant other. Since I was last on here, most of my collection is gone. Had to sell most of my pairs so I could put a dent in my college loans. I was down to my one and only pair which was a pair of Holbrooks.

Recently, I lost the pair. Which marks the first and only pair I've lost. I wasn't very happy. I haven't seen Oakleys product lineup in the last year or two so it looks like I have a lot to look at. There are a lot of cool styles out now which look like Oakley has made a comeback from the "Luxottica" funk they were in.

To replace my missing Holbrooks I went for a Sliver F that I copped from the main website for $79 shipped, which was a steal for a polarized pair that retails for $220. So far I have to say I'm a fan. I was pleased to see they came with a stainless case designed specifically for this frame. I wasn't sure about the foldable stem feature, however I have come to like it. I do wish there was a screw at the stem hinge so that you could tighten it later if it loosens up with age but it's a minor nitpick. Fit wise I love it, the curved stems make it a more comfortable fit and compared to the Holbrooks these are as light as a paperclip. I personally found Holbrooks to be heavy and after wearing them for an hour or two they would leave an indention on my nose bridge. I would call these the "grownup" version of the Holbrook.

Long post but anyways, glad to be back and hope to get some more pairs soon to start another mini collection. Take care!

-Batwolf

SliverF.jpg

Welcome back. You were one of the first members I talked with back in 2012. You helped me with some Jury questions I had. Glad to see you back. I am also a big fan of the Sliver F. Great pair, light and nice styling. The case is bad ass too. Enjoy

Back